View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 10:45 AM   #38
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
Anyone have a new or better way to make coffee in the TM? We don't drink coffee any more but would like to hear from you with any new ideas.
I just drink Turmeric tea now.
While I haven't tried the "newer" methods like the Aeropress, I gave up on drop coffee makers when the coffee just seemed weak and not hot enough. Although, the Cuisinart did make hotter coffee.

In this modern age, I perk my coffee. I have also found that store bought roasted beans don't taste that great no matter how you brew it. To clean the percolator, put some machine dishwasher detergent into the basket and brew that once a week. Otherwise, the coffee does take on some bitter tastes.

As for store bought coffee, there is often too much bitterness from over roasting, or the beans are stale. So, a couple of years ago I did an experiment and bought some freshly roasted beans from JJ Bean and, wow, what a difference! But we both suffer from acid reflux so we need to roast decaf darker without making it bitter which is hard to find, so I got a Behmor roaster and I roast our coffee now.

As for the stove top percolator, try this out. Bring it up to percholating, then let it perc very gently for about 15 minutes. I got some nutty (not crazy nutty, just nutty) flavours that way.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote