Thread: AC or no AC?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #29
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany Dogs View Post
Regarding the AC unit, as posted here, location is a large factor. In the northeast where humidity is a factor, I just cannot even think for a moment how awful any trailer would be with a solar load of the sun and then the impossibility of escaping humidity. I had a tent camper and if it was humid, it didn't matter what the fantastic fan pulled in, the cooling effect was nil.
I always find this to be an entertaining topic.

We normally camp at 5,000 feet. I can easily go higher up to nearly 9,000 feet. I might be tempted to use the furnace briefly in the morning, even in July, just to take the chill off above 8,000 feet.

According to weather.com, my favorite place to camp currently has a humidity of 31 percent. I have no idea if that is high or low. Humidity at home is 60 percent, so I guess 31 is low.

I have never found anywhere in the US that has better weather than where I live. And after living here or 59 years I see no reason to downgrade local weather.

Anyone that is required to live in uncomfortable weather has my sympathy. I could not tolerate it. We all get to choose our weather.