Thread: AC or no AC?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #28
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

Regarding the AC unit, as posted here, location is a large factor. In the northeast where humidity is a factor, I just cannot even think for a moment how awful any trailer would be with a solar load of the sun and then the impossibility of escaping humidity. I had a tent camper and if it was humid, it didn't matter what the fantastic fan pulled in, the cooling effect was nil.

So for me, the AC unit runs on nearly every camp out we go on. The heat strip is nice in the morning when I'm not boondocking.

I also agree with the other posts regarding the options that are roof mounted. It is worth having the antenna and AC due to the high cost involved with changing your mind later. All the options I purchased have "no regrets" and actually have a "thank God I bought that option" aspect to them. This includes tinted windows.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote