View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #18
mike-rm-cd

P & B: if our driveway looked like yours, I'd drive down and forward, just once - and then stay there and bronze everything! Never to move again, only to camp right there.

Or - rent some space (annually) in a neighbor's "normal" driveway.

On a serious note - my wife and I use walkie-talkies. She talks, directs me easy left, more left, straight. OK, stop, pull forward, now to the right, more right, straight back, etc. I NEVER talk into my walkie-talkie - I just listen and do as told. The more we do this, the better it works. It DOES help, sometimes, if I get out and look to see what she sees and is trying to have me do. It also helps when she realizes that the wheels of the TM determine where the front end (or back end) will bounce off of something, as in where does this thing pivot?

A career as a carrier pilot, watching tow tug drivers position airplanes was very educational. The VERY good drivers could look over their shoulder - the OK good did VERY well with a tow hitch on the front - so that they could position the aircraft, all the time looking and driving forward.

Both methods had a spotter directing the driver, however.

In life, humility comes in really large doses. Practice is key! Mike