View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #13
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Okay I have been re-reading this thread and have some questions. We will leave for a trip to Maryville, Mo. in late October and stay until November
9th. Last year the weather was pretty warm...but that is not always the case. Sometimes there is a good bit of wind on the farm where we stay...and with the wind chill it is occasionally down to 14...but then it can jump back up to 60 and drop again at dusk. I bought 3 swim noodles for the bed area....to insert from the outside if needed. I am wondering though if I should buy some of the silver bubble insulation stuff for the windows and just attach with command strips if needed. I am also considering making a LOT of those draft stopper type items to lay over ...where the seals are in the bath room, the area behind the kitchen faucets and the counters on that side, and along the section behind the stove and the kitchen counters. I have considered placing them around the bed edge as well but that may not be necessary. My husband thinks we also need to make wider ones and cover the velcroed areas to give more insulation there. At the on line stores they are not only heavy in weight they are pretty expensive if I really need to cover all of these areas. I have NO knowledge or experience on stopping drafts...I do not want to stuff the draft stoppers with food items such as corn, dry beans or rice...for obvious reasons (bugs and varmints). Some companies use crushed balsalm...for the packing....I think one with it may be nice...but if they all are it will be too much/over powering. I am considering...making them with cotton fabric lined with a good quality quilt batting and maybe stuffed with fiberfill if needed.

What do you think? Will this cause our TM to constantly have condensation on the inside?

We will have hook ups at my uncles home...will disconnect water and sewage if goes below 32. We do have a goose down comforter but no electric blanket at this time. Please share your ideas and suggestions.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote