View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 02:13 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Hi, Mike -

Use that Search button to search for the term "Odyssey". Several of our members have towed with an Odyssey, and the results, IIRC, are mixed.

As for weight, I have a 2720SL, so it is 100 pounds or so heavier than a straight 2720. You can see my weight numbers at
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=3144
and judge for yorself what yours will weigh.

Re dumping, there are two kinds of campgrounds. Commercial campgrounds have smaller spaces and lots of amenitites, including electric/water/sewer hookups at each site. Backcountry campgrounds (state parks, national parks, and so forth) tend toward dry camping - no hookups, or maybe electric and water but not sewer at each site. There are exceptions to those "rules", of course, but in general your camping style will determine whether you have a sewer hookup at your site. I strongly recommend that you get a copy of "The Big Book of Campgrounds" - the campground guide from either Good Sam or Woodall's. These will tell you about the commercial campgrounds. Gov't campgrounds are generally well described on line.

Finally, regarding moving the TM while it is open, our group again has mixed feelings. Some folks report they have had no problems by moving slowly across the campground. I personally will not do it. The chance of damage may (or may not!) be small, but if damage happens, it won't be minor.

HTH

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote