View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #16
camp2canoe

Ahh, the luxury of being able to store a camper in the garage... since trading our 2619 last fall we've been paying $58.00/month to store our traditional TT on the opposite side of town. We're leaving today for the Trailblazers rally near Fond du Lac, Wisconsin and as we hooked up last night, we've been blocking the sidewalk overnight - another problem we didn't have with the TM.

Three thoughts based on years of storing a TM in a garage with bare inches to spare with the single doors. First, life is easier with a front hitch. Second, a manual trailer dolly makes it much easier to move the TM than relying on the jack's nosewheel. (But it is easy to lose control of the TM even on a very slight incline - ask me how I know!) Third, rather than painting lines on the floor, use a physical stop for the rear tires. In the best of worlds I'd probably have used a concrete tire stop or pinned a 4X4 into the grage floor. I used a cheaper method - the local big box store sells tubes of sand to carry in your trunk for winter traction. Two of them laid in the contrete floor stop the TM exactly where you want it with no spotter needed.

Do we miss our TM of 8 years? You bet! On the other hand, not having to crawl over a significant other if you get up in the middle of the night is pretty nice. Having a roomy shower with no curtain ranks pretty high. Our heated underbelly makes three season camping much more practical. And have I mentioned the glories of a porcelain flush toilet? - camp2canoe