View Single Post
Old 12-14-2003, 04:07 PM   #5
grkman1

Default Re:Towing TM with VW Touareg V8

Wow!!! all this info
I thank you for your imput. I have an appointment this week to install the hitch to the Touareg.

I called Trailmanor, asked for Jimmy Davis, and was told that Ed now has his position.....Ed said he felt since the truck had a automatic leveling system, that he didnt think I would need a WDH. thinking about this, the WDH distributes the weight of the vehicle so the back does not droop down, whereby less percentage of vehicle weight would be on the front wheels.

If the leveling system is functioning properly, and the rear of the truck lifts up, you would think that the weight would then shift towards the front of the vehicle, thus eliminating the need for a WDH.

Ed told me to try it and see how the vehicle handles, especially when an 18 wheeler passes by. I plan on doing this during the holidays for a short 3 hour trip.

Now as far as the brake controller, I appreciate your help with the computer. I will surely print this out and hand it over to the service tech when I bring my touareg in.

This is a great group...and I appreciate all your help. If there are any Touareg owners out there, join the Touareg club at
http://www.clubtouareg.com/

Thanks

George