Thread: Kumho blowout!
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #18
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
as you're probably looking for running temps.
Dave
Kinda sorta, but from a different angle........possibly in a low tire and how hot it gets.

I'm just trying to look at several things, but most likely it's going to be the tires themselves.........which I have stated from the beginning that only time would tell how well all of our alternatives held up.

The reason I originally asked about checking air pressure on the trailer (but not posssibly the TV), was the air pressure gauge itself. I have seen many of the air gauges (especially these .99 cent pencil gauges you see on a counter display), actually bend/break/damage the valve core. This is the spring actuated core in the middle of the valve stem that holds the air in the tire, that I'm talking about. When the gauge messes up the core, the tire will slowly leak air.......possibly down to the point where it would overheat and blow depending on the load.

Even the gauges we use here in the shop, do this from time to time....and we have to replace the core.

That's why I was trying to determine if you checked all your tires with this gauge or just the trailer tires. I would have guessed that if this gauge was damaging the cores, it would have damaged some on your TV too.........which you said you don't check near as much on, since they have a TPMS.

The two tires, both going out so close to each other, is what has me concerned.

I downloaded your pics and am going to let another tire dealer look at them tomorrow and see if he has an opinion, on why/if they delaminated.

I just hope you are thru with tires for awhile.