View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #8
pauloh

Using info posted here in the past, I had emailed Eddie the TM parts guy at the factory 2 weeks ago with a photo of the part I needed (outer hold-down latch, called a "latch hook" in the TM catalog referenced above here) and he replied promptly, priced it ($29.95 plus shipping, which is high from the factory) and said he'd ship if I "sent my payment information" but I didn't want to email a CC number so kept calling his "direct line" listed in his email, left a message, that was never returned, finally called the main number today and was told I needed to call a dealer. I was polite but annoyed with the guy who answered, I can tell they've been getting a lot of calls like mine. "Too much volume" the guy said, for the TM factory to handle parts directly. Sounds like opportunity knocking to me. Eddie's now out on the floor working quality control, according to the man answering the phone.

UPDATE: I called The Car Show in Colorado (my nearest TM dealer) this morning, left a message which was returned within 3 hours by their parts department, they had my part and it is on the way, same price as the factory would have charged ($30.), plus sending by regular mail in a padded envelope at lower cost. Previously the factory had charged me $18. shipping on a couple small items which seemed like a lot but they would apparently only use UPS.

So, I'm optimistic I'll get the part I needed shortly from The Car Show (3015 North Nevada Avenue Colorado Springs, CO 80907
(719) 635-7311) and perhaps this new system of parts ordering will be better in the long run than dealing with the factory.
TV: 2007 Toyota 4Runner, V8, 4x4
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
Reese 49586-020 Trunnion WDH
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pauloh is offline   Reply With Quote