View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 10:30 PM   #7
Pennidragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconLover View Post
I don't know the answers to your other questions, but we just experienced something similar with towing our new TM as well. It was "porpoising" up and down and felt jerky. It turned out that the tongue was too high at the hitch and the back was low. Our Andersen WDH instructions specify that you want the trailer to be level, not slanted in anyway. Once we made the trailer more level and the hitch height lower, all of those problems went away.

You have to make sure your WDH is adjusted properly - that took some doing. My husband had to try different heights and take the WDH on and off, but he finally found the right combination that minimized up and down and sway. Pulls really nicely now! That WDH setup is like voodoo magic - sooo much to consider and mess around with! Good luck!
Thanks for the input! I'm pretty sure I had the TM leveled once I set it up. The dealer I bought it from actually installed everything, including the hitch, harness, WDH, setting up the WDH, etc. I'll play around with the heights and see if it improves the ride.
Pennidragon is offline   Reply With Quote