View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #12
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
...As your total rig weight shouldn't have changed when going from a non-WDH to a WDH configuration, something seems wrong...
I put your numbers into the spreadsheet, and the resulting spreadsheet is attached. Per your question (thanks!), I've added some calcs that show what's happening to the tongue weight, making it easier to see what's going on (the math confusion is about mixing numbers for tongue weight distributions and axle improvements, sort of like getting your debits and credits crossed).

The bottom line is that you have a 580# tongue weight. Without a WDH, the tongue weight adds 840# to the rear axle and subtracts 260# from the front axle (840-260=580). With the WDH, 20# go to the front, 400 stay on the rear, and 160 go to the trailer axle (20+400+160=580).

I'm surprised by how much weight is being added back to the trailer with your WDH, and I look forward to looking at this with the WDH calculator when you have the measurements. With your good sized pickup truck and light trailer axle rating, I think I might scale the WDH back a notch.

I also updated the original WDH spreadsheet thread with the Brulaz improvements:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...0143#post90143
Attached Files
File Type: xls Mr_Adventures_WDH_Calculator 3-9-12.xls (37.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: xls Mr_Adventures_Scale_Calculator.xls (21.5 KB, 10 views)
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote