View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 05:14 PM   #8
jola1925

Default No power from batteries: follow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jola1925 View Post
We just purchased a 2012 2027(QB). It came with 2 6v batteries, but they don't seem to hold a charge.
I have driven for at least 6 hrs, plugged it into my garage (30amp outlet) for at least 36 hrs & if I unplug from the house nothing electrical works, except for the jack.

The switch that shows how much battery, shows nothing. I don't understand electrical but I'm thinking I should take the batteries to be charged & see how long they last.

I'm including a picture of the batteries.

I also have a few questions , if anyone can answer.

1) Will a multimeter help see battery health?

2) should I consider a home charger, (Genius5)?

3) does anyone ever install LiFe batteries & not install solar? With maybe an eye towards future solar...my good eye too.

Thanks, jola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Kidkraz, I agree with you. A self-resetting circuit breaker is handy for occasional unintentional intermittent problems, but they are a real pain for troubleshooting, primarily because of the time lags involved, and the difficulty in seeing if it has actually popped, and if it has reset. And manually-resettable devices are a way of hoping that a magic solution will happen, without really finding and fixing the problem. As you suggested, I find one-and-done blade fuses to be a much better troubleshooting tool. They are cheap, so you can buy a handful at 10 cents each, and know immediately what is going on.

FWIW, you can buy a manually-resettable circuit breaker that will plug into an ATC fuseholder. For $3 each, they would be a good device for normal use. But if you reset it once and it blows again, you need to switch to troubleshooting mode. For that, I'm with you - gimme a fuse.

Bill
Hello, I'm not clear on how to respond to everyone that is helping, sorry.

Thanks for the replies & help. Here are some close-ups, & I see that the red wire that is attached with the black seems to have broken loose - if I understand this connection correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220825_154509.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	21344   Click image for larger version

Name:	TManor_0722.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	21345