View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 09:19 AM   #14
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by inghamm View Post

Conclusions:
1. The Anderson took 100 lbs off the "drive axle" - the rear of the SUV - and put 60lbs on the front axle and 40 lbs on the trailer.
I'm glad to see that the WDH is doing what it is supposed to do. You might crank it up another notch and see if you can move a bit more to the front axle, which is still almost 200 pounds light. You should also check the driver's door sticker to find the Gross Axle Weight Rating (Rear), and compare it to your CAT reading of 3440 pounds.

Quote:
2. We are 360 lbs over our tow capacity on the Highlander.
I'm not sure how the CAT numbers brought you to this conclusion. Perhaps I am missing something?

Your vehicle apparently has a tow rating of 3500 pounds. Since 2010 was still in the age of optimistic tow ratings (before SAE standard J2807), I would be a little careful. On the other hand, I always had the feeling that Toyota was one of the few mfrs that were reasonably honest about it.

Quite a number of members have posted CAT scale readings. A search should turn them up. I think I have done so three times, although never with before-and-after readings.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote