View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 09:25 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Funpilot -

I'm still not sure why you expect the walls to get wet. Mine don't, and I use the simple chip-clip approach. I'll take a photo next time my TM is open.

However, given that a waterproof coating is needed, I think the discussion is getting too elaborate. There are any number of products that can be applied to most any surface including wood, paper, etc. They go on clear and dry clear, are waterproof and long-lasting, don't yellow, have a gloss (or matte) finish, can be applied from a spray can or brush-on - everything I think you are looking for. My suggestion is to go to the Krylon web site and rummage around. With just a very few clicks, I find products like clear polyurethane (maybe the best choice), Krystal Clear, and crystal clear acrylic, which should do what you are looking for.

Krylon products are available in hardware stores, big box stores, and hobby/craft stores, and are inexpensive (less than 10 bucks a can). And many stores have an equivalent house brand for even less money. I think there are several solutions available to you. Take a look - I think you'll be pleased.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote