View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 04:24 PM   #7
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I like the idea of the nylon tread-firming belt overlays. I think Padgett has commented on this in the past.

Slightly different tire? This makes me wonder. Who provides the warranty for the tire? Is it Taskmaster or e-trailer? I'm under the impression that if you buy a tire from WalMart or Costco, for example, the thing that makes the tire "slightly different" is that the manufacturer does not warrant it. This means that the mfr can sell the tire to the retailer for a lower price, which is reflected in the price you pay. The warranty then comes from the retailer - WalMart or Costco. The question then becomes whether the warranty is as good as the one provided by the tire manufactuer.

It probably doesn't matter. I've had very poor luck getting anyone to honor the warranty on a tire, so I guess I am kind of bitter. But it will help to know the answer in advance. If you have a failure on the road (where else?), you will at least know who to call.

Bill

George from Etrailer just sent me an email for a review of the tire and if I had any other questions, I will ask about warranty coverage and who to contact in case I have a tire failure.

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote