View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 09:09 PM   #3
Doug W.

My brother has an Odyssey and he has a tent trailer. He said it had to have the trailer towing package. He towed it from Texas to my mother's in southern Missouri. He said he would not do that again unless it was for a weeks vacation instead of a long weekend. It had some trouble with the hills in southern Missouri.

I have an E-150, but it has the 5.4L V8. I bought a used 2005 3124KS last week in Pheonix and brought it home to Missouri. The E-150 has 6500 lbs towing and even with that I wish I had a few more ponies under the hood for a couple of the mountain grades out west. Still I was passing most other vehicles pulling trailers.

Other that that it towed like a dream. In Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas, I could leave it in overdrive and set the cruise and only the big hills caused it to kick out of overdrive. I would say you would not have any problems, except with the smaller motor, you might need to disable overdrive (button on the gear shift). I think mountain travel would be okay if you did not mind loosing speed going up hill.