Thread: roof rack?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
n4qpcham

Default Roof Rack Options for TM

I've been searching for a rack to carry my fiberglas canoe. A company called ProRac makes racks for popups based on p-up brand(Starcraft, Jayco, etc.). They mount thru the roof with two bolts per rack foot. They can also mount in the T-channel found along the upper edge where the sidewall meets the roofline on p-ups. My TM is in for service, so I can't look and see if it has a T-channel or not. Using the T-channel as a mounting point would spread the weight down the side at 4 points. My canoe is under 100 lbs. so it SHOULD be ok on the roof, but don't quote me. Here is TM's response to my question about roof racks: If you need to haul on the TrailManor, there may be available brackets and mountings to mount these on the roof. The TrailManor roof is a 1" thick laminated panel with aluminum skin inside and out and a Styrofoam core. The attachments to the roof should be large enough to spread out the weight over a area as large as possible. You must be aware of adding these brackets and mountings to the roof will add weight, which will effect the opening and closing of the tops.