View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #13
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

I have had allot of dealings with Insurance Adjusters but some of my worst experiences have been with auto adjusters.

We was in a very bad roll over accident with our last Land Rover & the Grange Insurance adjusters tried to bully us. It didn't work we told them like it was when they tried to low ball us. One thing with most companies is they don't want a claim to stay open that should close because it will make them look bad.

The adjuster said we could replace our rover for an unrealistic price so we said show us one. As for taking prices from all over the country you can demand delivery be added to make it equal out to a apples to apples comparison. Also Another way to handle it is to let them know you are recording all calls with them just like they do to protect their selves.

The Grange adjuster was so horrible that she took our rental car away if I remember correctly on Christmas Eve hoping to bully us into a settlement that was better for them. We didn't bully & had all proof of value & said we would take legal action, report them to every agency available & run advertisements if necessary. we eventually came to a good settlement without either side really winning & when renewal came I moved Our Commercial, Auto, Home & Life from them. We had been very pleased with them for many years before this.

We have purchased insurance for the TM that replaces for first 5 model years & after that pays us at least what we paid for it in the first place if totaled. It also seems if you sneeze on a travel trailer it is totaled LOL ROFL.

Good Luck

Not all insurance adjusters are bad & in reality most are fair.

Ps. You also usually have the rite to ask for a new adjuster or at minimum request a meeting with his or her supervisor.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote