View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reldma View Post
We want to be a TM owner and have some questions on what to look for when purchasing a pre-owned TM. As much as we would like to own a new TM that is not possible and even owning some of the newer TM's for sale that is also not possible.
! What year did TM switch from wood to aluminum support structure?
2. If there is rotten wood in the TM is it a major job to replace by someone who is somewhat handy?
3. What parts of a TM seem to fail most often?
4. There is an 87 TM for sale in this forum that has 2 axles. Are they as balanced as the single axle. The age of that TM 21 years kind of scares me, that there could be too much unseen or unknown deterioration. Plus I think the restoration could get into more than I would want to handle and the cost could end up being as much as a TM, that is not as old.
5. I am willing to do some work, but think I am looking for something that just needs furnishing appliances replaced or repaired and cleaning and some minor exterior repairs. Don't think I would want to get into removing walls.
What we have read about TM makes us believe they are well made trailers and the advantages they have over other trailers would make owning one enjoyable.
Appreciate any input you can give us to help guide us in the right direction.
Ray
Hi Ray,

Where are you located?

I looked at an '87 TM in Ventura CA. If that's the one....forget it. It's a pile of %#@&.
Wavery is online now   Reply With Quote