View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 06:27 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Sara -

There is a storage compartment under the rear bed. It is about 1 foot deep, 3 feet high, and the width of the trailer. Half of it is accessible from inside, the other half from outside. In the inside half, we store pillows, and extra blanket, and light things of that nature. In the outside half, I carry tools, water hoses, water hose fittings, extension cords, TV cable. There is quite a bit of tool-grade space under here. You can see some of the stuff I put in mine here

On the slideout model (2720SL), there is a large storage compartment under the front couch, accessible from outside through an undersized door, or from inside by lifting up the couch cushions.

The sewer hose is stored in the bumper compartment.

We put some plastic silverware trays from WalMart in the kitchen drawers.

We have the over-the-sink hanging cabinet. It contains light stuff. Paper plates, cups, napkins, plastic martini glasses, and so forth. It is quite easy to lift up and down when it is packed this way. We don't have the over-the-stove hanging cabinet, but many folks do, and I would imagine they store the same kind of stuff there.

While camping, paper towels are in a holder that hangs from the bathroom wall over the kitchen sink. You can make up lightweight removable holders for many things, from over-the-door hangers you get at WalMart.

The compartments at the very front of the trailer, over the couch or front bed, are less useful than you would think. But with some ingenuity, you can stash seldom used stuff like CDs and DVDs, first aid kite, snakebite kit, or paperback books in them.

Hope this helps.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote