View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
SteveS_2720

Hi Fritz,
I'm a Tampa FL based TM owner. We have a 2007 2720 which we purchased from Suncoast RV in Pinellas Park FL (near Tampa), in March of this year with all the options that you spec'd out. We've used it 3 times in Central and North Florida so far for about 14 days of total camping. We camp with the full family, my wife and I and our 2 boys. 6 and 1 year old.
Regarding the dealership, I can email you my (mostly positive) experience if you feel like you making a trip to the west coast.
Regarding the options, like I said you mentioned everything I have and I wouldn't get rid of one thing. Not sure if the "fantastic fan" powered vent is a standard feature on the 2008, but it is nice to help bring the temp down a little while the A/C isn't on. The A/C is a necessity in Florida, but as you've probably already read is really LOUD... It doesn't bother the family while sleeping, but trying to watch a family movie is all but impossible with the A/C on without turning the volume to the max. We love the extra space the hanging cabinets provide, and don't find the extra "setup" to be a hassle. Coming from a Starcraft 1707 popup, we find the TM to be a much quicker and easier setup. One final mention, since I keep mine in my garage as well, is that it is an extremely tight fit. I mean there is about 1/2" total clearance on my "standard" width 3rd car garage and that is after I removed the molding surrounding the garage door. Granted mine has the crank out Fiamma Awning which has now traded some paint with my garage door frame. Without the awning there wouldn't be an issue, just FYI.
Good luck on your purchase,
Steve