View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 07:23 AM   #18
Tymanthius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjfatl View Post
If you recently purchased a used TM, I recommend getting the battery checked or replaced. Make sure basic maintenance is done, in particular, check out brakes, axle lubrication and tire age. If the tires are over 10 years old and look perfect, replace them. This includes the spare.

We just purchased a new TM 3124. I have 2, 25 foot cords and an adapter to go from the 30A twist lock to 30A park power connector. That way if one cable fails we have a backup. For some camp sites, 25 ft is not long enough. I should probably get some electrical tape to wrap the connection in case of rain. We also have a 12AWG 15A cable that we can use 'just in case 30A is not enough".
I got lucky on this one. The battery is no more than 2 years old, bearings recently packed, one brake replaced (he bought the whole brake before he found out the wires were just clipped, so I have a spare used brake), new shoes on other side, tires still have a few of the new tire dangles on them. Spare too.

I'm thinking of adding a 50' 'spare' 30A line soon, and already have a good 15A extension cord, plus adapters, and a 50A to 30A dogbone.

I've ordered some gaffer's tape to keep in it (and some for home, it's been on the list for a bit), and I'll add some Rescue Tape (silicone tape that only sticks to itself) for water repairs.

But thank you for feeding me ideas! It helps to make sure I'm not missing anything that will be annoying when I'm at a campground.
SoftStart AC*
Futon Style Couch*

*All done by previous owners
Tymanthius is offline   Reply With Quote