View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 10:27 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Over the years, towing capacity has gotten a lot of attention in this forum. I think the general consensus is that a vehicle with a 5000-pound tow rating will be fine for a 2619, especially since you plan to stay in the mountains in the east, rather than the Rockies and Sierras out west. The Tacoma at 7500 pounds, of course, is more than adequate anywhere you go. I'm assuming there are only two of you and your stuff?

And I'm assuming that the 5000-pound tow capacity you refer to is the capacity of your specific vehicle - meaning that if a factory tow package is required in order to achieve that capacity, your vehicle has that package.

As for your physical capacity to open and close the camper, no one can ensure that it is a good match, though the odds are in your favor. The best way to answer the question is to try it. The owner should be glad to let you do that. If it is hard to open or close, there are various adjustments that can help, and this forum is the place to go for specific information on how to do it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote