View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #22
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
And drilling through the side of the frame. (I cringe at the thought, but that's just my gut reaction)

What did you end up doing?
EDIT: From your remarks above, I guess you left them as installed.
Yep, you guessed it, but I still don't like it. I haven't done anything, as I too wasn't thrilled with drilling a hole in the frame at the tongue. But as I said in that earlier thread, I think our concerns are unfounded considering those huge holes the factory cut in the frame for the torsion bars to pass through. I've also drilled a hole in the frame near the rear of the TM to attach a plumbing shield.

I'm going to make a point to look at some heavy commercial trailers when I come across them to see how their chains are attached.

I also hate the way the WDH chain hangers attach to the tongue -- the bolt simply tightens up against the frame, which I'm sure puts a dimple there, thinning the metal and making an excellent spot for rust to form. Obviously, this isn't a TM-specific issue. But maybe the TM will long be in the junk yard before that becomes an issue.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote