View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 09:31 AM   #4
Joseph

Default Inquiring mind here too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Larson View Post
Maybe these additional and momentary load blips are factored into the tires' load rating ?? I also wonder if the tire failure rate differs significantly between those folks driving full-sized vehicles WITHOUT WDH's and those driving full-sized vehicles WITH WDH's. Inquiring minds want to know.
I have not noticed the signatures of the posts of the folks who have had tire problems to know if there are a significant number of them with WDH's. But I too am curious as you. ( think I will go back and see ) It would seem logical that if the function of a WDH ( and I know only what I read here about them ) is to redistribute the weight among all the axles of the rig then some of that weight would be going back on the TM axle. I understand that for some rigs the WDH is needed. But I would not want any more weight than what was absolutely necessary on the TM axle and tires given the experience of some members and the 1870 lb weight limit ( each ) of my current tires. I tow my TM as light as possible. No fluids in it. Linens, cooking utensils and a few food staples. That is it. I figure with the awning, air conditioner, and LP gas tanks the TM is hauling all it needs to. The heavy stuff goes in the back of Osita ( the truck ) ( Some members have dogs for pets, I have a truck ). It has the heavy duty springs and the LT tires to handle it. Not the TM. But like you, I would like to know if the WDH is a factor. Man! I love this site!