View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #9
markandanne

Thanks everyone for all of the inputs. We drove the trailer home and to our first campout about 10 miles from home without towing mirrors, but I think for the 2.5 week trip we have planned in June we'll either get the CIPA universal clip-on's or the Tow-n-See suction cup mirrors and give them a try.

Somewhere (I don't remember if it was here or on RV.net) there was a fellow who had one of each so that he could take advantage of adjusting the passenger side mirror using his OEM mirror adjustments using the Tow-n-See, but he had the advantage of being able to see normally on the driver's side with both mirrors (the presumption being that the Tow-n-See requires the OEM mirror to be mis-adjusted because it's mirror cannot be in a plane parallel to the OEM mirror, although people have talked about trying to bend the arm to fix that also).

The McKesh looks like the best answer if it doesn't sand-paper your door finish, which is why I want to try something else first. Too bad none of the OEM replacement mirrors appear to exist for the newer Expedition mirrors (like the TTT mirror, or the other CIPA mirrors).

Mark