View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 08:06 PM   #10
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Ok, well this is getting interesting. On Bill's suggestion, I spent some more quality time under the trailer [which is approaching roughly the amount of time I have spent inside the trailer.... ] The distance between the frame rails is roughly the same front to back. It is 54" from the outside edge of one rail to the outside edge of the other, except where the axle is mounted where the same distance is about 53.75". Probably not a big deal.

I also measured the rails that make up the tongue -- from the ball socket to the weld that joins the tongue rail to the side sail -- both tongue rails are the same size.

The last measurement was from the rear of the front axle mounting bolt to the same weld mentioned above. The right side (first picture above) was 92.5". The other side (right picture above) was 91.5".

So that seems to confirm that this is the way the trailer shipped from the factory. I've never heard of designing a trailer that specifically does not track properly, but if there's any speculation as to why that may have been done, I'd love to hear the theories. I'll probably call the factory to get their input, but I am guessing this was not intended. To repair it, I presume the axle mounting bracket on the right will have to be moved forward on the right side and rewelded.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for all your collective wisdom. This board is incredible!

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote