View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 01:30 PM   #21
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyCharismatic View Post
I actually haven't added to my existing 95 watt solar panel, but have plans for a 600+ watt add on in the future. If you go as large as I did with your battery, or even 5 kWh, you can usually power anything except AC/Heat/Microwave and just recharge on plug in. I will update eventually when I add in the extra solar capacity, but for now it is a battery storage solution only, though I can recharge via generator or plug in at anytime.

Speaking of generators...I finally found a micro generator that runs on propane and is powerful enough to run the AC. Champion Dual fuel 2500 'suitcase' inverter generator. I have to start the AC on low first so I don't bog it down, but once it's on its fine even on high.
I just finished insatalling our 200W solar system today (eventually may add another 200W panel).

Adding 200W to the rear roof is a peice of cake. There are panel mounting brackets that you can buy that will lift the panels about 1.5" off of the roof for cooling (they are called "z-Brackets and are available on Amazon). The bottom part of the brackets are flat and can be secured to the roof with 3M VHB (very high bond) double side tape (after a thorough cleaning with alcohol). That tape actually bonds better than screws. I have installed solar panels on 5 TrailManors and 2 Class A motorhomes using this method. Never had an issue.

If you buy CordMate II conduit (also on Amazon), you can have a very proffesional installation. These pics are of an installation that I did in 2009. I'll take some pics of my current installation later today.

I'm not sure how you would ever find room for 600W of solar panels unless you have a TM3124. Even then, it may be a struggle
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03606.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	20523   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03608.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	20524   Click image for larger version

Name:	SolarWiring.jpg
Views:	86