View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 05:38 PM   #9
Traveler

Signed up as member yesterday, glad to be onboard.

Thanks for the tips,

The shells pop up about 6" OK when I unlatch the black levers. They seem to pull open OK - not too much strength needed. I adjusted all the travel I could out of the latch brackets, and this took the gap from 2-3" down to 1/2" or so - still have a gap tho. Just need an extra 1/4" in the lever bracket slots - but they are at max adjust. I am worried that snow/rain will get in so am going to park it with tongue slanted up, and cover the gap with a tarp for the winter. Have to figure out by next spring/summer if I can either adjust something or make/buy new brackets with more adjustment travel.

The shells close hard - as in, it takes all I've got to compress them down enough to latch. I think I will make a hand hold bracket (if it will fit or can make it removable) to grab onto for the bottom shell as there is nothing to grab for balance when dancing on the stirrup. If there was a way to balance all my weight then the closing would be much easier.

The top shell is easier as I can grab onto the top of the shell (not the awning) for extra oommpphhh.

The tires are new this year. I replace my trailer/boat tires every 5-7 years anyway since they rot out due to sun exposure. Cheap insurance. The previous blowout I had was from a low pressure tire (inflated 25 lbs instead of 50). When one goes, they both get replaced. The TM was fully serviced when we bought it this week. Had great service at Stiers RV in Bakersfield CA. The salesman even called today to check up on how my 700 mile trip back went.

Wife and I were discussing the TM today, and already making plans for modifications, etc..

Thanks again!

G&L