View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Glen (I'm assuming you are the > 200 pounder who posted!) -

If you look at the main latches (the ones with the black handles), you will see that they can be adjusted up and down. If you move them up 1/4 inch (it doesn't take much), you might find the shells a great deal easier to latch.

I really wouldn't mess with the torsion bars until you have had a good deal more experience. The test, I think, is this. When you pop the main latches (not the corner latches), the shells should spring up a small amount. If they don't spring up at all, then the torsion bars need to be cranked a bit toward the stronger end of the scale. If the shells pop up a foot, then the torsion bars are too strong, and might be dialed back. If they pop up 4-6 inches, then they should be good. In my experience, the factory does a pretty goods job of setting them.

And yes, the setup will get much easier and much faster. My wife and I have similarly distributed the jobs, and I am almost always done before she is. But we are both done in about 3 minutes.

You guys have a great attitude toward this whole thing, and you are going to LOVE your TM.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote