View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 12:54 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

BeeGee -

Be sure you send them a detailed list of tasks well in advance. And be sure you specify their priority. Since many of the tasks are kind of open-ended, and the time-to-complete each one isn't known in advance, there is a good chance that some of them won't get done. For example, a task like "Check the roof seals" might take 15 minutes if all is well, or several hours if a number of seals need to be raked out, cleaned, and re-caulked.

They are very busy assembling trailers, they have limited manpower, and they will pull people off the production line to accomplish your tasks. They will work this into their build schedule to the best of their ability, and they will move people around to cover the gaps. But production is their first priority. If you are lucky, you will spend a few minutes with Paul Wipf, the head of the whole company. You will certainly meet Jacob, the head of production and the guy who will take care of you. He is a wonderful young guy, and he will say "We'll do our best" - but that doesn't guarantee it will get done. And if you come up with any "oh, by the way" unplanned tasks when you arrive, there is a good chance they won't get done, either.

If you can be flexible about when you want to pick up your TM at the end of the job, that will help, too.

Guess how I know all this? I took my 2020 2720QS to them, and made some of these mistakes. I'll be smarter next time.

By the way, do you know how to get to the factory? It is not straightforward, and if you follow your GPS to any of the addresses you happen to find on-line, you will not get there. I suggest you find this post in the Technical Library, print out the written directions (thanks for them, Shane) and the map, and use it.

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...ad.php?t=20518

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote