View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 11:41 AM   #3
Shane826
TrailManor Master

FULL tuneup to include torsion bar adjustment, lift arm height adjustment, and pocket-stop adjustments. If they recommend replacing any torsion bars, do it, but make sure they are replaced in pairs. Your TM will probably open like new when they are done.

If your bag seals are AT ALL degraded, that is the time to replace them, along with the wood behind the main bag seals if rotted. Also inspect the bag seals around the bottom of the shells, let them replace those as well if needed.

If your velcro flaps are in rough shape they can replace those pretty easily while the shells are off or lifted for bag seals. They run $55-$65 each.

Your 2007 TM door is wood framed. Have them check the bottom of the upper door. If it’s rotted (mine was), they can re-frame it in aluminum.

The above items are TM specific and you should use the opportunity to make sure they are 100% in good shape. Most places don’t know what they are doing in those areas.

As for updates, I’m not sure. Solar may be tough as it entails running wires through the walls and ceiling. They can add a swing hitch if you don’t have one. They can get you new cushions (someone on FB had new vinyl/faux leather) and/or curtains. I had them add “changing room” curtains (see pics) across the hall from the bathroom to the opposite wall, but I don’t know how that will work with the stove placement on a 3124. (there is a second curtain over to the wall. I would make the track a bit longer towards the sink so the open curtain doesn’t block airflow.

The folks at TM do amazing work and take pride in what they do. It gets expensive but you when you’re camping and it all works correctly you’ll never think about the price. Trust me, I dropped a small fortune to rebuild my 3326 and if I had the chance to make change that decision I wouldn’t change a thing. The camper works flawlessly and it was worth every penny. Tell Jacob and Paul I said hello!

Also check out the thread here about getting to the factory. GPS will get you really really lost.

PS- I sent you a private message.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BD6287E8-6D7F-4F08-8D03-670A41934615.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	911.5 KB
ID:	20537   Click image for larger version

Name:	E36C9344-F96C-4573-8F1B-D0244866AD30.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	944.1 KB
ID:	20538  
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!