View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 04:04 PM   #9
RECON1

Default height

My trailer came with the lift kit I did not order it that way it also has 14" tires the problem is not the lengh or width it's the height that's why I put the kit back in I'll let the dealer figure it out. I'm only letting enough air out of the tire's to get it in the garage they will be air back up as soon as it's in so it does not set on low tire's that's not good on tires either. The kit is easy to install but I would not use the stabilizer jack to lift the trailer at all, they are there to stabilize I'm sure they would lift it I just don't thank it a good idea. I jacked it up at the axle and put safety stands on both side's of the axle at the frame I did lower the stabilizer's just for added safety. I keep my jack under the axle an remove the two bolts holding it, then I lowered the axle just far enough the install the lift. I did remove the tires just to make it easy to do I thank it took about 30 min. but I do have air tool's I'm a old retired mechanic more tired then anything. Hope the help's you.
RECON1