View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 08:45 PM   #2
radiojon

Welcome, Jim & Jennie! I'm a bit of a newbie myself, having purchased my TM 2720SL late last summer.

With regard to the heating/cooling, I've noticed that temperature difference as well. Our kids sleep on the fold-out couch, and the first couple of nights we used the furnace, we often found the kids sweating while we were freezing back in the bed. The A/C worked in a similar fashion for us, though not as drastic as the furnace heating (probably because the A/C blows more directly back from the top).

We've seemed to find a compromise in placing a small fan on top of the stove or frig pointed back toward the bed ... that seems to do a pretty good job at moving some of the air around and helping to more evenly distribute the heat to the back. I'm guessing that the bathroom and closet effective "block" a lot of that airflow from going to the back, so it evens better with a little help. For the warmer nights with the A/C running, we simply use the fan on a low setting in back with us instead of on the stove/frig to help cool our area. By the way, another good investment for us for the warmer camping was to use a DE-humidifier in the back bed area, which seemed to help with the comfort on the muggy nights, and not make it seem so warm.

Since the heating and cooling both come from single source areas in the TM, you'll probably have to try a few tricks to find the best comfort. I think we were kinda thinking that the TM would heat/cool evenly like a regular TT (with ducting throughout) when we first got ours, but we're slowly finding ways to make it better.

If you find a solution that works, please post it here!

Again, WELCOME to the family! :-)

- Mark