View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 08:01 AM   #5
grkman1

Default Re: Northeast Winter Camping

I plan on going to Pennsylvania during Christman week.  I found a campgroung in the Pocono's (where I used to live)  The website is www.otterlake.com  if you are interested.

A question to all you Trailmanor owners is will the TM withstand these temperatures during that time.  I would say that during December, the evening temps get down to the low 20's  I was planning on making a "skirt" for the bottom of the TM using a thick plastic and velcro strips to attach it.  I was then thinking of keeping a space heater under the unit to keep everything warm and prevent freezing.

As far as the water was concerned, I was planning on used the fresh water tanks, and refill only when necessary.  Also use my holding tanks and also dumping when necessary.  I know there are pipe insulators, that would cover and plumbing under the trailer.

Has anyone had experience camping in cold weather with the TM, and what precautions did you take to avoid any freezing.  I would appreciate your comments or you can email me at [email protected]

Thanks much
George