View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 05:05 PM   #10
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Was just thinking about the high bed. In mine I have a two step folding stool that makes ascension easy (also makes deploying the awning easier). OTOH some may find the 42" headroom a challenge.

Is nothing new for me, my Vixen RV had the bed mounted over the engine and had a step for access. Of course when folded the wardrobe needs to go there & un the door to the storage locker is there so for me a folding two-step was the answer

Can think of a linkage to lower the bed but that would reduce the storage area (have actually been thinking about a down swinging "slide" in the rear to make a second bed or child's play area underneath - that waste space under the rear bed bothers me but would need a swing bumper. No Big.

More of a challenge would be a side slide to open the living area up. Hi-Lo had one (27T) but not a front swinging module like the TM. Might be a selling point for a RISE though.

ps I have the ideal day job and live in a warm, no-income-tax state. This is just one of my hobbies.