Thread: Tire Loads
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 03:53 PM   #4
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Default Re:Something I've Noticed!

[quote author=G-V_Driver link=board=3;threadid=1746;start=msg12281#msg12281 date=1078520795]
Ray and Jeff,

You guys may have saved my bacon (again) and this time I didn't even know it was burning. My half-ton 'Burb needs new shoes, and I was drving along earlier today thinking about a quick trip to Discount Tire to check on them. Now I know what to talk about.

Thanks,

Wayne
[/quote]

Glad to be of assistance there Wayne. Before you go to Discount, go here first (tirerack.com) and really get smart on the various tires they suggest for your 'burban and driving style. In particular note the mileage and wet/dry traction numbers. You can also find ratings and reviews from buyers of various tires. Another option is to go online in the Suburban forums (they're out there somewhere) or the tow vehicle forums on RV.NET and see what other trailer towing folk are shoeing their 'burbans with.

Once you're really up to speed on the topic, then go over to Discount and see what they can do for you on selection and price. I did this and knew exactly what replacement tire I wanted before I even went down to get my new truck. So when I went to Discount I got exactly what I wanted.

I am, BTW, exceedingly happy with the Michelin LTX M/S I bought. Grippy on wet/dry/snowy roads...decent riding and fairly quiet...and zero wiggle when I had the trailer hooked up last week. And they have very low rolling resistance so I'm getting about 1 to 2 mpg better mileage than identical trucks with different tires. Also a very high mileage tire...a number of other Tundra owners have reported getting about 70,000 miles out of a set.
RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote