View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Does the 2007 2720 SD come with a factory installed lift kit?
Tom - You'd think this would be a simple question, wouldn't you? But there have been so many changes in lift kits over the last few years that I don't know if anyone can tell you.

In the old days, there were no lift kits. Then a bolted-on kit was optional. Then a welded-on kit was optional. First no one had lifts. Then only western dealers had lifts - the lifts were still optional, but the dealers in the west ordered them on every TM. Then eastern dealers picked it up. During all this time, you could look under the TM and actually see the lift if there was one, so the question was easy to answer. But then the physical lift "kit" parts went away, and TMs could be had with a different axle angle that would lift the body. Now you could no longer see a lift "kit", so it became harder to tell. Then ... well, you get the idea.

Here is one way that I THINK you can tell if your TM has a lift. With the TM level, measure the height of the frame above ground. Measure it just in front of the wheel, and again just behind the wheel. On my 2006 TM, both measurements are 16 inches. I know that I have the lift, because I can see the lift kit, welded to the axle assembly.

Other owners may chime in giving the height of their TMs, and whether or not they have a lift "kit". We may be able to draw a conclusion.

If you are asking the question about a specific TM, and you don't have access to it to make the measurement, then you may have to call the factory and give them the VIN. The production records would tell the story.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote