View Single Post
Old 08-05-2003, 06:00 PM   #10
Happytrails

Default Re:Seeking info on diff bwtn past & present models

That fold n roll trailer is interesting, though I don't think I could EVER give up all the space I have in my TM for something so small! I noticed on the web page for that TM 22, it says it's 12' long.......it's a LOT bigger than that, even when closed. Mine is a TM 25 which is one foot shorter, with the same floor plan as the nowadays 3023. (I simply don't have a full queen sized bed in the back, but it's plenty big for the two of us). No, you're not seeing the typical tub that's in the newer units. Mine's the same way, rather than using a tub, it has a wet bathroom instead. Doesn't bother us in the slightest. We'd rather have the wardrobe in the bathroom, and the extra counter space right next to the rear bed where we can place a TV to watch at night. I think what they meant by the 12' is simply the lower box, (not actually including the whole living area which is ENORMOUS compared to that "fold and roll" camper. Other benifits include a recirculating toilet, unlike a "cassette" type which *is* normally found these days in the popups unlike the web site lends one to believe. I would say the TM is a LOT more insulated than the smaller one as well. I also didn't read anything about a stove, or oven on the site, and I'm sure the TM's sink is a lot bigger as well as anything they put in it, heck, it's almost as big as my dual sink at home! I wonder if their "Kitchen Galley" consists of a refrigerator, with a counter on top? I also wonder if they have a hard sided bathroom as well? I'm suprised they don't have any pics on their web site of the *inside* of the trailer, even Aliners have a floorplan. Didn't seem like a bad price at all for that TM, also noticed it had the radius windows like the newer campers all have, so might be a little newer than a 1987. (They stopped selling the square windows like mine at some point, but not sure when exactly it was). Certainly doesn't sound like a bad price, especially if it was well kept! Other tipoffs that it might be newer than they know is that it has the newer style awning, as well as a MUCH newer fridge than mine has in it. The thermostat also as well as the couch cushions, and elegant lights in the front, as well as the cabinet handles are a pretty big tipoff that it's not a 1987 as well, and probably very well newer. Mine came with bullet lights that are fitted under the front cabinet. On the bad side, looking at the pictures, it's clear it doesn't have an AC unit, nor is ready to take one, in mine, the side AC is where that big cabinet beside the stove is, underneath the silverware drawer. Structurally, if you look at that same picture, you'll notice the upper and lower doors aren't aligned properly, and by about 2" or so, but this may be that they didn't put the pins in the holes on the aluminum tubes that hold it into alignment. (If your curious what I'm talking about, check out on my site where I replaced the pins out, you'll see what I'm talking about). On that note, I would be careful, and make sure that the structure is solid. Other than that, the unit seems to be clean and well kept. Not a bad buy if you ask me. It doesn't seem that they know much about TM's, which is always a good thing. RV dealers take them in on a trade once in a while, don't know anything about them, and sell em cheap when they've been sitting a while on their lot simply because of that! (Which is the best way to get a good deal on one). Hope any of this helps!

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails...........[/glow]