View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 09:20 PM   #9
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Seeking info on diff bwtn past & present models

Yes, that is the website I saw. You are a handy repair person! I'm glad that you got your TM into good shape and are enjoying it.

We had a cabover camper about 18 years ago that we had to repair. When we got it, it was OK, but over time, with the leaks and such the corners started rotting out, and once we tried to put it onto the truck and didn't aim just right and kind of tweaked it.

My husband pulled back the aluminum siding and put some new wood in the corners and it was fixed. But it was always really heavy and pretty scary when it swayed back and forth up high up on the hydraulic jacks right before we loaded it onto the truck.

My husband got to the point where he just didn't want to put it on the truck any more.

A woman in our office gave us an older 12' trailer (circa 1960's, beautiful wood but in need of much work) that we fixed up and used for about 5 years, but it just got to be too small for us with 2 growing kids. It was very heavy, but wonderfully compact and easy to park being only 12'. I still kind of miss it, except for having no bathroom.

Trailers are a lot less hassle to load up compared to a camper, and you can leave them wherever you end up. They are a pain to tow compared to driving a camper, but the TM's sound like they are much better. Plus we have a better towing vehicle now.

So we keep looking.

I found an unusual trailer in the local Auto Shopper/Trader called a "Fold-N-Roll". It would be perfect for my husband and me for short trips, but too small for 4 people (or for 2 for an extended period of time). But it is very interesting: http://www.whozwat.com/fold-n-roll/.
Has anyone else heard about these?

Anyway, I saw an older TM model on rvtraderonline.com, and the photos of the bathroom looked really different from the newer ones. It doesn't look like there is a seperate tub/shower area. http://adcache.rvtraderonline.com/3/4/2/53030442.htm

What am I not seeing?

B_and_D is offline   Reply With Quote