View Single Post
Old 07-21-2003, 09:32 PM   #6
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Seeking info on diff bwtn past & present models

Another issue I am now wondering about is the differences in construction materials between the older models and the newer ones, specifically the use of wooden construction components in the upper part of the TrailManor vs the foam/aluminum that the newer ones are made of.

I happened across a website today where the owner had pretty much had to rip theirs apart to replace some rotted wood in the upper sections. It was pretty scary! They had pictures of open cans of adhesive, paint, who knows what else, but they fixed it and were happy with the results. We are just too busy to do that now. I tried to find it again tonight but it didn't come up on my search. If I find it again I'll post it for general interest.

Does anyone know when the use of wood in the upper sections was replaced with the foam/aluminum tubing construction? Am I misinformed? One of the things we thought was so wonderful about the TrailManors was the fact that there was no wood (at least in the 2002 that we've seen) in the upper parts of the trailer.

Bob, thanks for the info. All the great input we've received from this forum has made us so much more informed about our decision to buy. Unfortunately, now I don't want to go camping until I can go in a TrailManor. :

You guys are great!!

B_and_D is offline   Reply With Quote