View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #18
OneMoBear
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by T and C View Post
I have spent most of my life in SoCal, so my snow experience is limited to visits to the mountains and two winters in Michigan back in the 60's.

I have a question about using those heated water hoses you see advertised in RV magazines. Wouldn't the pipe that comes out of the ground where you attach the hose freeze even if the hose did not?

The DW and I have been talking about spending two weeks in an RV park in either Big Bear, CA or Flagstaff, AZ this winter just to see how we would like living where winter is the real thing. Hence, my interest in this question.

Sunshine Tom
Now here is a subject I can talk about! I grew up in Escondido but have lived in snow country for the past way too many years to mention, including Wyoming, Flagstaff and now Colorado. We lived in Flagstaff for 22 years and the only thing that could have convinced us to leave was our precious grandchildren. I couldn't recommend Flagstaff more highly.

However, you will not like it in a TM in the winter. You would most likely end up at the KOA which is ok but it is steep (as in an adventure just to get to the restrooms/laundry walking on ice), water and dumping will be an unending job, on and on. We have done it. It's not fun. It makes Sedona sound really good, Phoenix even better. If you have a house where you can walk around, throw another log on the fire, not even think about running water and sewer, it is VERY different.

I think a cabin or even a hotel room would give you a much better sense of how it feels to LIVE there, rather than to camp there.

Malinda

P.S. We have been warm as toast in our TM in single digits multiple times, but everything else is not exactly something to look forward to.
Thule for our tandem Hobie Kayak :-)
120w Solar Panel - 2.5" lift 15" Marathons
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OneMoBear is offline   Reply With Quote