View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #10
Digger

I'll try to answer some of your questions even though my communication skills are sorely lacking. I made sure the TM was as level and square as I could get it. I set a level on top of the inner wall and marked that plastic thing that holds the seal and flap on the bottom of the upper shell. I trimmed the strip down to that mark so it gave me a narrow ledge that was level with the top of the inner wall for the shelf could rest on. I cut out a slot into the backside of that plastic strip thing for the clips I made from some aluminum angle iron and notched it for the screw heads. The one by oak trim fits down over the inside of the wall and holds it all in place. The shelf across the back of the sofa doesn’t have any clips, it just rests on the plastic strip and is held down with a latch I made out of oak. When traveling the two longer pieces lay on a folded blanket on top of the counter with a couple pieces of egg crate foam on top to hold them in place and to protect the ceiling. The four shorter pieces get to ride on the sofa. After a couple of runs the average setup time for all six pieces was around two minutes, still fumbling around but gets easier each time.

Ed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2898 [640x480].JPG
Views:	582
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	10660   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2896 [640x480].JPG
Views:	584
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	10661