View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #5
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePair View Post
Is this something people have trouble doing? I find the slide out rather easy, personally. Sometimes I have trouble with getting my front shell up--I can't seem to get the torsion bars tight enough--but the slide is the least effort of the setup.

Maybe I'm missing something, but unless this is included as a part of a comprehensive lift system, it seems like it wouldn't be worth the cost and additional weight, at least IMO.
Push-button ease is nice for the retired set.

The slide-outs on TTs and M/Hs are all electric now. I think that TM is just trying to appeal more to a market that is aging and less comfortable with lifting and pulling. $1K for an electric lift and slide-out is a lot better than 2 weeks in bed because you tweaked your back.

We went from a "Crank-up" Coleman PU to the TM because the Coleman was just getting to be too much work to set-up & tear down. I can see where (in a few years) this electric system might be appealing to us.

You do have a point about the weight though. Although the entire system is probably under 100# and the market share gained for ease of use is probably worth the loss in cargo capacity.