Thread: Door
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 05:23 PM   #17
wesslvm
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny_A
The two bolts under the floor pass thru a frame beam. So installing a plate at that point would be pointless. See the last picture in my webshot slide show.

http://community.webshots.com/album/107892971qOKvut

The only reinforcing which might be effective would be on top of the floor, under the triangular wall brace. If a brace were to be used under the floor, it would have to be inserted between floor and frame. That woudl not solve the problem of the floor flexing on the inside.

I've made my own adjustments, and the floor DOES seem to compress AND more torque was needed than I felt comfortable to appy to such small bolts!

Denny_A
Hi Denny,

Actually, our trailers are constructed differently. My bolts are much bigger than yours and they do not pass through any part of the frame. I was under the trailer today and noticed that I ALREADY have the bracket the factory speaks of and guess what, one of the nuts is missing (on the outside bolt)! Another quality control issue.

I'll take a picture and post it tomorrow.

Take care,

Vince