View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 01:26 PM   #22
FlyboyTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralcruze View Post

Firstly, the most likely reason that fire started is rats love wire insulation. Ask me how I know and I will tell yah that they found thier way into my AC cover through the vent slits luckily for us I caught the issue B4 it caught on fire when i climbed on the roof for yearly AC coil maintenance. I could not believe the extent of the damage they caused. I did have to get the ac wiring replaced and some capacitors and the AC still runs like a champ until today. The guys who replaced the wires confirmed my suspicion of rats when they found the nest up there. They sell vent covers that go over these areas with a little enginuity. So looking at your you tube where you had flame and fire was right at the group of wires melted together.

Anyway, the direction of airflow out the ref. Compartment most def. should be down and out with the vent opening near the top of the ref. close to the metal finials in the ref. cycle. As for airflow inside the ref. It may not matter as much because it's such a small box. As long as there is a fan in there it would make the stagnant cold air that tends to accumulate down towards the bottom circulate. .
Thanks for the response. The fire started because of the gas leak on the line that goes from the thermostat to the burner. Rat urine has basically eaten through it. Enough LP made it to the burner allowing it to light. I assume the leaking LP slowly built up everywhere at eventually the gas reached to the open flame. It was a flashover type fire. Just thankful I went outside to check on things. The electrical had lots of burned paper around them. The smoldering fire melted the wiring...all of which I repaired/replaced.

All of the other components of the fridge are in working order. I was cleaning out the cabinet and happen to turn on the fan and that was when I noticed it was blowing upwards instead of downward.

For 46 years I have used fans inside all the RV fridges. They do help a lot!