View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 04:38 PM   #16
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Adjusting Door Gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesslvm
--------snip---------
Anyway, the suggested fix has to do with the bolting of the support piece for the side wall, just inside of the hinge on the lower door. What I was told is that the two bolts which penetrate the floor of the camper are inadequately supported due to the poly/aluminum structure not being strong enough. Their suggested fix is to intall a new plate under the camper with two holes for the bolts. This will distribute the stress across a wider area so that nothing gives when the door operates.
Vince
The two bolts under the floor pass thru a frame beam. So installing a plate at that point would be pointless. See the last picture in my webshot slide show.

http://community.webshots.com/album/107892971qOKvut

The only reinforcing which might be effective would be on top of the floor, under the triangular wall brace. If a brace were to be used under the floor, it would have to be inserted between floor and frame. That woudl not solve the problem of the floor flexing on the inside.

I've made my own adjustments, and the floor DOES seem to compress AND more torque was needed than I felt comfortable to appy to such small bolts!

Denny_A