Thread: Door
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 06:37 AM   #11
wesslvm
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Door

[quote author=Texas_Camper link=board=22;threadid=2172;start=msg15090#msg1509 0 date=1090980500]
Wesslvm,
You have good first-hand experience.... What do you think the problem really is? How best to solve it? I think the factory could benefit from your experiience.
[/quote]

Hi,

Didn't see this post or I would have replied sooner. I'm not convince my problem is caused by the design, there may be another problem with my camper. I say tha because when I engage the door into the clip (hing side clip) I have to push the upper shell inward in order to get the clip engaged. I do not have to do this on the other clip. I believe this sets up a tension which causes the clip to fail.

Having said that, I would change the design so that a clip with a circular hole on top flipped down and onto the the lower have door post or I would use a different style clip which had a two step engagement. I'm thinking of a rosette button or similar, like what I have on my key rings, I have to depress a button to disengage the two pieces.

Meanwhile, my wife and I have actually become used to the problem and are very adept at opening and closing the door while applying pressure toward the hinge to keep the lower half of the door in place. We hardly notice it now.

:-\

Later!

Vince (heading for Lake Champlain VT today!)
wesslvm is offline   Reply With Quote