View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 01:00 AM   #7
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Lightbulb Woa...back up a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS7535 View Post
FINALLY picked up our 2006 2720 from CustomRV today and brought our baby home! Had to make a stop at the DMV to get registered and plates but made it home no problem! Towing it was a breeze (first time towing anything), but I definitely need to practice my backing up skills. More pictures to come tomorrow after we open it up and start cleaning/getting it ready for our first test trip next weekend!
That's a very clean looking rig you got there and from the sound of it they did a good job getting it fit for fun!

A good rule of thumb about backing up a trailer....is this...when backing up a trailer, what ever direction you want the trailer to go, turn the BOTTOM of the steering wheel in that direction...so if you want the trailer to go to the right, you would turn the bottom of the steering wheel to the right (actually you're turning the steering wheel to the left)...does that make since??
Just a little trick I learned from a good friend who is a marine mechanic who deals with trailers all day.
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote